Makeup tips for Dry Skin
Dry skin can be really troublesome to deal with when it comes to applying makeup. The more you try to apply the makeup the more you have the particles flaking off your face. I understand how you just feel like flinging the makeup brush when you see that everything is not going the way you want it to. But don’t worry!! We’ll show you how to apply makeup for dry skin.
If you don’t really know whether you have dry skin here’s how to judge
- It shows in the form of wrinkles , cracks, irritation and sometimes even chapping.
- You feel the skin pulling and tight after you wash the face,
- It lacks glow and looks dull.
There are many factors that can result in dry skin. It may be your diet or even external factors such as dust, temperature and pollution. However you can always apply flawless makeup by making a proper selection of beauty products that will suit your skin type perfectly. Lets look at some tips for makeup for dry skin here.
How to apply Makeup for Dry Skin
If you have dry skin, follow these tips on how to apply makeup for dry skin here.
- Makeup for dry skin necessitates proper exfoliation and cleansing of the skin. You may think that regular cleansing and exfoliation may add to making the skin dry. But this is not so in fact it will help you get rid of the dead cells on the skin preventing them from accumulating further.
- After the cleansing and exfoliation, moisturize the skin. Though you have dry skin avoid the oily based ones. Oily moisturizers may result in clogged pores increasing your problems more. Instead pick a moisturizer that has a non greasy formula and much better if it contains glycerin. Applying a moisturizer for makeup for dry skin will make your makeup last longer.
- Proceed with applying the primer. You do get primers that are meant especially for makeup for dry skin. Try your level best to pick one of this kind.
- Then apply the foundation. Dot it all over the face and blend it well. It is advisable to use only a liquid foundation while doing makeup for dry skin. The powder foundations will make your skin look even drier and old while the cream foundations will appear cakey.Choose a foundation that will give you a slight dewy look with a base of very fine light reflective particles.
- You can use a tinted moisturizer as a substitute for the foundation during the summers.
- If you wish to use a concealer for your makeup for dry skin use a cream or liquid concealer. Also pick one that is a shade lighter than the foundation colour.
- In place of the moisturizer you can use an eye cream around the entire eye region.
- For the eye makeup use creamy eye shadows. Powdery eye shadows while only make the creases, lines and wrinkles around the eyes more prominent.
- Use a creamy or liquid eyeliner to line the eyes so that you can avoid all the tugging and the pulling.pencils will make the wrinkles more prominent and the powder will also start flaking.
- Use a creamy blush for the apples of the cheeks and blend it well.
- If you have chapped lips use a lip balm before you apply the lipstick. Once you have applied the balm you either stick to only lip gloss or you can use a moisturizing lipstick.
- Whatever cosmetics you use make sure that they have a water based combination. Try to stay away from matte products.
- While applying the blush and the eye shadow use a brush don’t use the fingertips.
- Once you have finished with all your makeup lightly dust loose translucent powder to set all your makeup well. There are some powders that are hydrating if you get one it will be great.
- Don’t use soaps to remove the makeup. Use a hydrating and moisturizing makeup remover instead.
Follow these simple makeup tips to if you suffer from dry skin. Makeup for dry skin helps you look radiant and beautiful all day.