Lip Makeup Tips
Your lips are the most sensuous part of your body. I know you must be wondering what’s the great deal in applying lip makeup- you simply roll the lipstick, apply it to your lips, smack them together and there you go you’re all ready with your lip makeup. But it’s not easy as it seems. In this small guide to perfect lip makeup we will try to cover some lip makeup basics including lip care and techniques to apply your lip makeup perfectly.
Lip Makeup Tips
- When we apply makeup for the face we always start with a good foundation that will serve as the base for the rest of the makeup. You use this same makeup tip for your lips. Apply a thin transparent layer of foundation to your lips before applying the rest of the other lip makeup. This foundation will not only smoothen out harsh lines on the lips but will also make your lip colour last longer.
- Especially if you have dark lips remember not to stay away from foundation for your lip makeup. This foundation will help the lipstick retain its original colour on dark lips.
- There are various lip lining techniques that you can use to reshape to your lips. You can make your thick lips look thin by lining the lips inside your natural lip line while applying lip makeup. On the other hand if you are troubled by thin lips then do just the opposite. Line the lips outside your natural lip line. This is a lip makeup tip to reshape your lips and enhance your look.
- Women with lighter lips such as pink lips always have a problem since their darker lipstick wears off while drinking water or so and the pink colour of the lips starts showing out. In this case a lip makeup tip is to fill in the lips with the lip liner before your apply the lipstick for lip makeup. Now you wouldn’t have to care about your lipstick wearing off since the lip liner colour will still be intact.
- You have so many varieties of lipstick available on the market today that you can use for your lip makeup- glossy, creamy, matte and frost. You can choose one that is the best for you. Matte lipsticks tend to make lips look smaller so don’t use them if you have thin lips.
- A lip makeup tip for older women is not to go in for very bright color shades for lip makeup. They will make you look even older.try out rosy shades if you bend more towards red for your lip makeup. Also try avoiding darker colours for thin lip makeup.
- When you apply lipstick for lip makeup apply two coats to make your lipstick last longer. You can follow this apply your lipstick, blot out excess with a tissue paper and then finish with the second coat.
- For a more polished lip makeup look apply a coat of clear gloss or shimmery gloss according to the lipstick that you use. But keep in mind not to use lip gloss for lip makeup if you have thick lips it will make them plumper.
- Make use of a lip liner to line the eyes to prevent your lipstick from bleeding.
- Another lip makeup tips is to exfoliate the lips before you actually start applying your lip makeup. Use a toothbrush dipped in Vaseline to gently rub in circular motion over the lips. This will help you get rid of flaky lips that can probably spoil your lip makeup.
- A proper well balanced diet is one more tip to a perfect lip makeup. Drink plenty of water to keep your skin hydrated and to prevent it from drying.
- Your lips are also quite sensitive. So remove and lip makeup that has been applied previously. Moisturize and protect your lip with a good lip balm that contains vitamin E or glycerin. More than applying your lip makeup well a lip makeup tip is to think twice before you grab your lip makeup tools. Always invest in good brands for lipsticks and lip balms.
- There is no hard and fast rule that your lip makeup has to be in darker colours. You can try various nude lip makeup ideas especially if you plan for a Smokey eye look.
- One very important lip makeup tip is to see that lipstick doesn’t come on to your teeth.